Structural Design Engineer
Guthrie McGoldrick Consulting Engineers is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
GMCE is located in Shepparton, Regional Victoria and provides structural and civil design in multiple industries including construction, industrial, and environmental sectors.
Due to continued demand for our services we are seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer to join our team.
As a Structural Engineer, you will work alongside a team of experienced engineers and drafters. You will be hands-on involved with the design and overall management for various projects. This position is ideal for an engineer with a minimum of five years’ experience who is confident to be involved with client liaising, team collaboration, site inspections and structural design.
The work includes residential, commercial and industrial projects and will require you to work quickly, effectively and accurately.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
The following qualifications and skills will be essential in conducting this role:
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a structural analysis and design role, working for an Australia based Structural Engineering firm.
- A good understanding of Australian Codes and Standards and building construction practices.
- Experience in the operation of structural design software including SpaceGass, Structural Toolkit and the ability to create your own custom design tools using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to problem solve and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative and a strong work ethic
The following qualifications and skills will be advantageous:
- Membership of IEAust
- Listed on the National Engineers Register (NER),
- Have VBA registration
Your benefits at GMCE will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Involvement in a wide variety of regional projects
- Ongoing commitment to professional development and growth
- The opportunity to live in a regional location
At GMCE, we care about our people and are committed to inspiring our employees to grow and create.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information about the role please contact us on (03) 5831 6680.
221 Corio Street
Shepparton, VIC 3630
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm